Thursday 16 April 2015

Do you know that Mung Beans is one of the Superfoods?

Mung Bean or Vigna radiata (L.) R. Wilcz., in FABACEAE family, is one of the common food that I grew up with. It is super cheap but the benefits are super! I found it in Asian aisle at Super store.


Coming from Thailand, we use them as dessert. I know, many of you probably says I am weird. But that is how I grew up. You don't have to use them for dessert like me but you can add them to your soup recipe or your rice!

Here are the health benefits:

  • High in Potassium
  • Anti Cancer
  • Give energy, improve immunity
  • High in Magnesium
  • Help lower blood pressure
  • Help to increase appetite
  • Reduce cholesterol levels
  • Help weight control
  • Reduces the risk of heart disease
  • High in Iron
  • Reduces blood sugar levels and diabetes
  • High in Calcium and Phosphorus
  • Help prevent and treat osteoporosis
  • Stimulates nervous system
  • Treat hang over
  • mumps treatment
  • High in fiber
  • High in Vitamin B2
  • Heal inflammatory bowel
  • Heal nephritis
  • Heal rash
  • Heal Rheumatology
  • Heal ulcer
  • Heal diarrhea
  • Heal ascites
  • High in Vitamin B1
  • High in Folic
  • many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...